Music is everywhere and is loved by almost everybody. Aside from this, it possesses great benefits and is of great importance to various aspect of life. Music education or activity should not be ignored in schools but rather implemented so as to enjoy its various benefits.
Listed below are five benefits of music in schools:
- Enhances creativity: learning and playing music makes students creative and mentally active by making them think outside the box and try out new things.
- Build self-confidence: a student who can play a musical instrument is confident about this one thing he does so well. It eliminates low self esteems and builds his/her confidence.
- Improves the memory: students are constantly using their memory by learning and memorizing musical notes and practicing songs; thereby improving their memory which is essential for excellence in their academics
- Creates a sense of purpose: students who have some natural musical abilities feel a sense of purpose and achievement whenever they are given the opportunity to play a musical instrument or sing.
- Serves as a means of relaxation: music helps reduce stress and aids relaxation of the mind and body of the student.
As a teacher, principal or proprietor of a school; you wouldn’t want your students to miss out of this amazing benefit. Therefore ensure that you make music a part of the system.